Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mini Moments

Success is such a strange beast. It can come in many different shapes and sizes. Some people view monetary, while others view actions or achievements. And regardless of what markers you put on success, other people view your success (or failure) through their eyes. Sometimes those eyes can be tainted with insecurity, sadness, greed, or fear.

As I sit in my heightened caffeinated state, I see people viewing their success in the picking up a cup of joe, and my success at making it quick enough (and good enough) to satisfy them. What they don't see if my view of success is in a different light. Mostly though I try to help people, and in those acts of trying I actually get to see the good, the sad, and the betweens inside the person I am trying to help and the people around me.

I suppose the truth of the matter is, when we all get down to the nitty gritty, we are constantly trying to prove our worth through gaining the respect of someone who doesn't know us even if that means hurting those that do. I am thusly guilty of this from time to time, but yet it can't help but to hurt my feelings when I am the receiver of another person's insecurities. I think the difference though I occasionally recognize when and if I do this, and try to do better. Some never, or don't see their actions for what they are.

My wish in those mini moments is that everyone can find their value and worth, and not feel they need to prove or to show their insecurities through trying to "upstage" another person. Allowing others to shine, is not something that makes another's worth diminished.

~Off to drink more coffee~

No comments:

Post a Comment